The History of Third Parties In America - (Audio CD)
America has a long history of unsuccessful challenges to the two-party system. Michael Medved reviews the record of these maverick movements in our political life.
1. 1790 ~ The Anti-Masonic Party
2. 1848 ~ The Free Soil Party opposed expansion of slavery
3. 1856 ~ The American Party, also known as the åäÛÏKnow NothingsåäÛå
4. 1860 ~ The four-way election of Abraham Lincoln
5. 1872 ~ The Liberal Republican Party
6. 1892 ~ The PopuliståäÛªs Party
7. 1912 ~ Teddy RooseveltåäÛªs Bull Moose Party
8. 1924 ~ The Progressive Party and åäÛÏFightingåäÛå Bob LaFollette
9. 1948 ~ Henry Wallace Progressives and Strom Thurmond Dixiecrats
Total Run Time: 1hr, 56min
Availble on two CDs or audio download
This product hasn't received any reviews yet. Be the first to review this product!